Google is introducing a new interface for adwords. This is a big deal for Google, the adwords product is still an unrivaled revenue stream within their business and they have not made any significant changes to the existing interface since 2003.
The official launch for the big change is at SES NYC on March 24, however, those who are interested can sign up for the new adwords beta and have a play with the new system, switching between the old a new interface at will.
The new interface incorporates a number of updates including:
- New 'account tree' style navigation
- In-Line editing of keywords, bids & ad placements
- Integrated reports on campaign management pages
- Roll-up views of all keywords, ads & placements in a campaign
- Ability to filter data faster
- Performance summary graphs to help pick trends faster
A little bit of research suggests that the new interface has already been tested by our English counterparts late in 2008. Have any of you had a play yet? If so what are your initial thoughts?